If you would like to discuss anything, please contact me via email: Howard.Bayliss@sequence.co.uk

Thursday, June 14, 2012

SharePoint "Crawled Properties" Filename

I have a document library that contains audio files (mp3, wma, etc). When I search the site, the results contain links to the library's DispForm.aspx. This is expected as I haven't installed an iFilter for the audio file types. However, I wanted to be able to get at the Name property (highlighted in the image below), which is the filename of the media file:



To do this, I had to:
  1. Include values from the crawled property "ows_FileLeafRef" in the index.
  2. Create a mapping to a managed property
These are shown below:



The platform was a single-server farm, using SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Search Server Express 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment